Smart Home Fundamentals - Build your Smart Home with openHAB 2
Smart Home Guide | Step by Step | Learn setting up your own cloudless, technology independent Smart Home with openHAB 2. openHAB 2 not openHAB 3!Promo Video
Smart Home Fundamentals will teach you build your own cloudless, technology and manufacturer independent smart home. This is a beginner course. We will use openHAB 2 (open Home Automation Bus). You will be able to integrate the most important technologies like Z-Wave (e.g. Fibaro) and ZigBee (Philips Hue).
Why manufacturer and technology independent ?
- As long as the technology is supported you do not have to fear of vanishing manufacturers
- You will be able to combine the best products of any technology supported
- You will not be impacted by downtimes of cloud services
- You will not have to pay any extra money for the services
- Your local home will be secure
Smart Home Fundamentals will cover all you need to get your own Smart Home running, including:
- Smart Home basics
- Install openHAB 2 on a Raspberry Pi
- Make basic settings on the Raspberry Pi and learn most important commands
- Configuring and administration using Paper UI
- Configuration and Structuring of IoT Devices using Things and Items
- Install Add Ons (Bindings, Transform, Persistence)
- Designing your Smart Home Visualization using Elementtypes and Sitemaps
- Storing your Data in a Database (Persistence)
- Home Automation using Rules
- ... see the Curriculum
Why am I qualified?
I set up my own smart home in 2010 and started a blog in 2016. In 2018 I made my first smart home course in German and it got on of the best selling online courses. I am consulting customers and help building barrier free smart homes in a non profit organisation.
I will help you master this course. Simply use platform to ask questions. I will answer as soon as possible.
Enroll now and start building your smart home and make your life smarter.
See you in lesson 1,
Your Instructor / Dozent
I am Thomas and I am the founder of Smarthome Training. I am a smart home enthusiast and started buidling my own smart home while renovating our house. I integrated different technologies like Z-Wave, Zigbee, KNX, HomeMatic.
What would you like to learn?
Would you like to learn how to set up your own smart home?
Would you like to have a smart home that simplifies your life?
Would you like to have a stable and secure smart home?
Should your smart home be independent of cloud services, vendors and technology?
Yes? Then it is time to book my smart home courses.
You will learn everything from setting up your own smart home. You will be able to integrate different technologies. Connect those different Internet of Things (IoT) Devices into your smart home. Visualize your smart home to control lights with your phone. Set up home automation rules to simplify your smart life.